Monday 4 July 2011

Swear words

I was 'told off' numerous times when i was young for saying 'crap'. Apparently it's a swear word.

I was allowed to say crap at home, which is why i never considered it a swear word. In fact i used it as a replacement to a swear word. I refuse to lose crap to the swear word family, after that - what's left? Fiddle sticks? Deary me? Exactly... we need to save crap from being forbidden.

After all, crap is a replacement for another swearword already - 'shit' is the swearword, crap is the okay word. Plus, it's a cooler way of saying poo.

I think i've won this fight, crap is not a swearword so go forth and say it!

P.s. My sister would like to campaign for 'bugger' to be released of its swearword identity also... but that's a whole new battle. Becky, I'm sorry but i'll need to replenish my ammunition for that battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment