Friday 19 March 2010

The Sandwich

When i was younger i had serious issues with sandwiches. I could not eat them, especially when they'd been sitting for 4 hours in your school bag. I don't know if it was the clingfilm or the fact that they were cut into rectangles and not triangular, but i could not put them in my mouth.
This phobia had consequences. Once i was sent to the headteachers office because i was caught hiding my sandwiches behind the toilet. I got into trouble for throwing them under the school dinner table and also got caught hiding them up my cardigan sleeve!

Eventually i developed a plan - throw them in the street bin before i enter school!

What's weird is that the minute i left school, sandwiches were fine...? And currently i even work in a sandwich shop!

I know at least 2 other people that had these issues too, and thinking about it now im pretty sure it could of been prevented if only the sandwiches were cut into triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment