Wednesday 22 September 2010

Disney or Gremlins

When i was a child i used to watch all the disney classics, Snow White, The Lion King, Cinderella, Peter Pan etc. Disney are known for sugar coating stories to make them more 'happy ever after' resulting in happy children when the films finish.

Around the same age i was also watching Gremlins, ET, Neverending Story and The Labyrinth. You cannot compare these films to Disney films, they should be rated 15+. Now, as a result of my parents lack of responsibilty i'm a damaged adult. I cannot watch these films.

I could watch Saw or Alien, but Gremlins NOOOOO! If i see a toy Gizmo i have a sudden rush of fear and basically run to the nearest lit area. If i see a statue either side of me i expect its eyes to open and fire death rays at me. A pile of stuffed animals make me brace myself for an alien to pop out and chase me around the house saying 'ET PHONE HOME' over and over.


On a completely seperate note, i used to think Disney was Disnep because of the logo.

1 comment:

  1. Dark Crystal
    Legend (1985, Tom Cruise)
    Willow (The witch turned an army into pigs and they put Val Kilmer in a cage!)
    The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe (BBC series)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (all the villains)
    Ghostbusters II (The evil painting man)
    Are You Afraid of the Dark?

    ...All very scary.

    ReplyDelete